Tuesday, July 1, 2008

So I guess it wasnt enough....

I did not receive the best of news on Monday during my doc visit. As some of you know, my left shoulder was hurting a bit over the weekend and my cough was a little bit worse also. Just like what I feared, Dr P was concerned that the cancer cell is starting to be resistant to the EPOCH drug. But because I have tried five different chemo combo, my chemo options are starting to be a little slim. So in order to keep the tumors from growing uncontrollably, instead of doing chemo every three weeks we're going to bump it up to doing chemo treatment every week. :(

I was a little bummed out about the news. Cried a little while still at the cancer center. I asked the nurse if I could have one of the private rooms so that people couldnt see me acting like a little girl crying. I know I have to be strong that despite having to do chemo every week now, I just have to take it "one day at a time."

Just like people said to me "GOD would not give you challenges more than you can handle." Wish me luck and pray for me that physically and emotionally everything will be fine....


xoxo,
rina

1 comment:

Agus Wicaksono said...

Rina,

Accidentally, I came across into your blog from my search for a completely different stuff. I was quite ...I don't know what to say after reading your case. Just be strong. Live every previous minutes of moment with an optimistic stance. Hope and pray that there would be best for you at the end. In the process, there might be bumps along the road.

My mom has been on chemo. My sister was on chemo. My 6-year old boy need "special attentions beyond usual"..... We all are with some challenges.

salam.