Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th (I guess)...

A few hours after my post last night, the alarm on my pump went off and it would not shut off! I have never been that frustrated with a piece of equipment in my entire life. The shrills from the alarm was driving me crazy. We called the 800 number on the side of the pump for troubleshooting and they were not very helpful, called the cancer care hotline but they were too busy playing hot potato with me. It seems as though that no one wanted to help me. So my mom and I decided to go to the ER to get this resolved because it had been an hour since my pump stopped working and I wasn't receiving my chemo.

Is it me or do people move in snail pace when there is a problem? I guess I was being impatient or maybe its the fact that I was there until 3 AM to get my pump working again and I was exhausted. By the time I got home I was tired, cold, and upset. I'm glad this morning was alot better. I was supposed to be at the cancer care at 1 PM to get my pump removed but because of the delay the night before, Anita (the nurse) and her family who was also there, my mom and I had to wait and twiddle our thumbs while we wait for the chemo to finish before Anita could remove it.

My throat is bothering me a little (I hope its not going to be a full-blown infection *again*) and this oklahoma heat is unbearable! I really cant stand this heat!! I am twenty one years old and I am going through hot flashes in this dry humid cruddy state. I am not feeling too happy today *sigh* I really hope tomorrow is better.

No comments: