Thursday, July 3, 2008

This could be the last of the EPOCH...


Today I went to the cancer center to get my last refill bag of the EPOCH treatment. The past few days have been a little rough on me, especially with the fatigue and dizziness because of the heat. I have been trying to make the house alot colder because of it. I am very grateful that my physical condition hasn't gotten worse that will require anymore medications.

I really do hope this shall be the last time I will have to carry the pump everywhere. I will be detached tomorrow, on 4th of july, how fitting since I will be celebrating my own independence from this "ball and chain."

Earlier this week, my breathing and coughing was a little raspy because of the tumors on top of my lung made breathing difficult. But I am happy to say that it's much better and I could sleep through the night and not wake up with the horrid coughing fit.

I am very optimisitic that the transplant will happen. Please continue to pray for me!

x0x0,
rina
The EPOCH reminds me alot like a tasty orange koolaid, except I dont think its "tasty" and I think it would be dangerous to drink it... they really shouldn't make it look that good!

The pump that delivers the drug to my veins, it makes a pumping noise every second, one would ask me if it gets pretty annoying having to listen to that noise for 96 hours. Yes, it does get annoying but like the noise of the fridge running after awhile you would get used to it.

I also wanted to say that I do read all of my emails and I am very thankful for all the encouragement that I have received. I also love all the notes, snail mail and the homemade cards....trust me, its just as great as my birthday! :D


No comments: