Thursday, July 10, 2008

A much better day...

I am happy to say that today I am feeling much better. Monday's chemo finally did what its supposed to do with making feel like complete utter crap, but at the same time it has provided me with some relief with the tumor on my left shoulder. Although the swelling and the pain hasn't completely dissapeared, but at least I was able to fall asleep last night without the help of any painkillers (just some wonderful hot oolong tea!).

My cough is still bothersome but thats also getting better. Every time the swelling goes down I find myself to be in better shape than the day before. Its the best feeling in the world knowing that my body is fighting one hell of a fight against this "intruders" aka cancer cells. Which is why that I am excited for the chemo treatment tomorrow. I do realize that chemo side effects are horrible, but its small price that im willing to pay to get myself better. I know that my body is a bit tattered from all the chemo, but as long as im still breathing, conscious and walking, I am able to handle any chemo and should be grateful that I still have options for treatment.

There are many people out there --old and young --that no longer have the chance to get better. Its unfair because everyone deserves to win their fight against cancer. But I do realize that I have been lucky to still have this fight. I refuse to let this chance to slip by me and lose. I guess while sharing my body with the cancer for 19 months we begin to have things in common, which is stubbornness.

xoxo,
rina

So I found this picture yesterday and it made me so happy! It was my 9th birthday and I was celebrating at school in Indonesia, with my teacher and classmates. I felt like a princess because during your birthday you were allowed to get out of uniform and wear your favorite dress and feel like belle of the ball! :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rina, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope that things get better soon.

Brad, ISS Office