Monday, July 21, 2008

Not bad, but not good...

I just got back from my visit with Dr P. The Methotrexate seems to be working on the tumor because the swelling is hardly noticeable these days. He wants to continue on with the Methotrexate by having the treatment tomorrow. He actually wanted to do it today but I would need to pick up the Lecouvorin first. So instead we will start the treatment tomorrow. Then the next week we will do another Methotrexate. After the two weeks of treatment, Dr P will re-evaluate my condition and see whether or not its time for transplant.

Weekly Methotrexate?? Yikes! Im concerned. It took me ten full days of no chemotherapy to regain my health back. I dont know how im going to be able to handle weekly Methotrexate. But I trust my body and Dr P. I know that he wouldnt recommend this chemo regimen if he doesnt think it will work on my cancer.

I wish my cancer wasnt so aggressive. They seem to grow pretty fast, I just want a little break from it. From all this chemo side effects and tumor pains. Where I can have more than a week that I can be like myself again and not feel any sort of discomfort from either the chemo or the tumors. Who would have thought that the road to get to transplant is filled with bumps and alot of detours. It feels like forever before I can finally reach transplant.

Well wish me luck with the Methotrexate. Hope the next two weeks will be filled with minimal side effects and bye-bye tumors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Rina! I hope the side effects lesson with each dose of Metho. Thinking of you and cheering you on to the finish line (the transplant). You will get there.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rina,

I can't imagine how hard this is. I am so sorry you have to do this. But, it is only weeks. And you have your whole life ahead of you. Its definately worth it to take this nasty chemo, feel like crud during the chemo and transplant but get rid of the beast for good.

My heart goes out to you. But, it is the way to get to the life you want. The only way out is through this garbage.

You can do it. Hang in there. We are all cheering you on through this very tough time.

((( HUGS ))) and prayers,
Judy