Monday, August 11, 2008

Uneventful - Just how I like it...

Things have been going positively for me the past few days. My health continues to be better and my energy level is going up. I just want to say thank you to Judith Karman Hospice for allowing me to borrow a wheelchair and letting me use it for as long as I need it. Moving around is alot easier and I am not so tired anymore. It was definitely a wonderful surprise and has come to be very useful for me.
On Saturday, there was a Mexican Benefit dinner to raise money for my transplant. Thank you to Miriam for cooking the wonderful meal. I have never tasted such a delicacy before. I wasn't much of fan of mexican food, but after the dinner I was convinced that enchiladas are the best thing ever. Not only were there chicken enchiladas there were also a vegetarian dish as well. I was very happy and humbled that so many people showed up to make the event so sucessfull. About $1300 were raised that night. I feel so lucky and blessed with how the fundraising is going. A hundred thousand dollars seems impossible about two months ago, but with the help of so many kind people I am very close to my goal!
I twisted my ankle after the dinner when I fell outside in the rain because I was a klutz. If it werent for the help of Haerani (a wonderful woman!) my ankle would probably be swollen. It still swell up the next day but I know it would have been worst if if werent for her help with the ankle.
I will see Dr P tomorrow. Hopefully things will go the way its supposed to tomorrow.
I guess thats all for now, I do hope that everyone is enjoying the olympics, I know I am! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Rina, I am so glad that everything is getting better. I miss seeing you jogging around Boomer lake, while your mom and I walk like turtles. Get well soon and we can go to Penang Restaurant in Dallas for bubur ayam.

love,
haerani

Anonymous said...

Finals are kicking me in the face. Glad to hear you're feeling better. I miss talking to you... Give me a call sometime if you're up to it.

=D))

Anonymous said...

Glad to read your progress Rina. We are still keep you in our prayers.

oa/

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mishap with your ankle after the dinner. Take care, GG