Monday, June 23, 2008

Oh Monday...


Today I went to the cancer center to do my weekly dressing change for my PICC. I am glad that they still work great through all those chemo, blood draws, and even through my clumsiness that resulted in breaking the line twice! I cant believe how long the line used to be (in the picture) that its gotta be about 20 in, now its barely about 5 in. out of my arm. I really would take a picture of how it looks right now but I am already in bed as im writing this. Maybe some other day I will.

Dr P came by to feel the tumor in my neck, he really didnt say much about it, but from the looks of it he seemed pleased. Barbara (the head nurse) complimented my picture and said that I looked really cute in the paper's article that was published over the weekend. It was pretty uneventful day in rina's cancer world today.

So later on the afternoon I decided to help my mom out with a little laundry, those little buggers sure do know how to pile themselves up. My mom has been so busy with my me and medical appointments, the fundraising, and everything in between. I really do feel bad that she has not been able to catch a break, so I thought it would be nice to help her out with that. It wasnt much of anything, but its the best that I could do.

Cara came by this afternoon and brought me strawberry milkshake. It's one of the things I love these days especially on those days when I couldnt hold down my food or when the sores are just unbereable.....milkshakes always make me happy.

xoxo,
Rina

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hi Rina,

I just thought I'd let you know that you have a new reader here. I found you from a facebook group. I live in TX now, but I'm an 06 OSU Alum.

Prayers for you!