Saturday, June 28, 2008

No rain is going to ruin my parade...

So today was the day of the garage sale. My mom being the dedicated person that she is started to set the thing up at around six thirty this morning. More help started to show up at around seven which is when I got up and "helped" out as well. I put the word help around a quotation mark because you could not really say that I helped out much because im such a weakling. blagh! So back to the sale, it was doing really well around morning time with alot of customers showing up and buying stuff.
Then there was a big damper at around ten. The sky started to pour cats and dogs. It was ridiculous but Cara came prepared she brought clear plastic bags to cover the items so it doesnt get wet. We waited for the sky to clear up which it finally did an hour or so later.


I was fortunate enough to have lunch with Dr Salim, he's a forestry professor here at Oklahoma State. Such a nice man and he reminds me so much like my uncle. During lunch he shared stories from all his world travels, which I hope to do one day. Go out and see the world! Experience ohther culturs and see what they have to offer out in this big world. Plus, its really sad that a man from Turkey can speak better Bahasa Indonesia than me.


I really thought that the rain would slow down the sales for the rest of the day, because although it stopped raining it was definitely cloudy. I would be happy if we were able to pull off $200, but the total of the day was ....(drumroll please..) EIGHT HUNDRED THIRTY SEVEN DOLLARS!!! whoot whoot! that my friend is what you would call a success story!


Ninety percent of the items that were being sold today were from donations. So thank you so much to those who donated, who helped me sort/priced the items, and those who were there today during the garage sale. This wouldnt have been possible without you! I really wanted to start naming names but im afraid that the music will cut my thank you speech off just like they do during the Oscars. hah! But in all seriousness you know who you are and I owe the success of todays sale to you, GOD bless you for your kind heart!

xoxo,
rina


PS: thought I share some pictures with all of you the beautiful men and women of the best frickin G Sale ever!

No comments: