Saturday, October 25, 2008

Rambles ...

Wow! I cant believe how crazy and hectic things have been around here. I have been at the ACTCA for the past 18 or 19 days and now im just not really sure. This is the first time that im able to be on the computer in awhile and its a bummer that im really tired and drugged out.
Lets just say that I have my PICC replaced, had a balloon around my vena cava (sp?) to help my heart, a chemo shot everyday, having to be put on oxygen then realized that it was actually not good for me, and actually finished radiation. Now the future plans are to have another surgery on the liver and continue on with my chemo treatment.

But despite all the craziness I am happy to say that my tumors continue to shrink with the radiation and the bleomycin. My blood pressure is back to normal and the heart rate is also normal with the medication that Dr Burke prescribed. I hope that the liver surgery will go smoothly on Monday and that I can just continue to concentrate on only the chemo for the next couple of months. There's more that I wish to share with all of you but the pills really wore me out and let me tell ya this IV pole is not light ha ha! so when I have a chance I will write more. Thank you for the love and support that everyone has given me....I want to let you know that im doing alright and im continuing to fight it. :)

x0x0,
Rina

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rina,
We keep you in our prayers and are so pleased to hear how well you are doing. I am sure your courage and spirit also helps. You are indeed an inspiration to us all.

Jane Bosserman

Anonymous said...

Rest in Peace, my dear Rina. You're a fighter, and you inspired many others.

I just got a message from Tulsa, OK, saying Rina passed away in National Cancer Center in Tulsa at 11:25PM, Nov 4th.

My her soul rest in peace and our prayers and our thought are with ibu Enny, pak Ibnu and the families.

Aris Tanone

g4macgregor said...

As I listen to Ray LaMontagne's: "How Come", with a tear in my eye, I will always remember that warm, sweet smile that was Rina. You will be missed and always honored for a valiant fight!

Our thoughts and prayers and with Enny and Ibnu and all of Rina's close friends.

May you rest in peace and smile down upon us all.

Greg Beer

Anonymous said...

Rina we will all miss you so much. OSU won't be the same without your bright smile. Rest in peace.

Nikki Howell

Anonymous said...

although I don't know you but still little bit pain knowing your fight has ended

rest in peace rina

Yulita said...

Rina,
May Allah give the best place for you. May your body rest in peace. We know you never gave up, but your body couldnt tolerate anymore. Farewell to Rina.., the young lady with full effort.
To Mbak Enny dan Pak Ibnu semoga diberi ketabahan.


Ita dan Yoesbar, Doha Qatar

Anonymous said...

Rina,
Ketabahanmu yang tiada tara
Semangatmu yang terus membara
membuat kami,
Om Iin, Tante Adit, Dik Fiko, Fiki, Fido & Haikal
tak kuat menahan derai air mata mendengar kepergianmu
Rina akan akan tetap abadi dihati kami
Derai tawamu ketika umurmu baru 1 tahun, gerakan ibu jari & telunjukmu yg kamu lingkarkan ketika mengatakan ok waktu itu (menirukan logo ahas)masih Om ingat
hingga terakhir ketemu Om di Rumah Bengkulu diusiamu ke-10
bahkan Om masih teringat jelas sekali dengan tangisanmu ketika melepas bapak Ibnu...
Semoga Rina mendapat tempat yang terindah di Nirwana
Menghiasi surga yang abadi...

Anonymous said...

Seashells remind us
that every passing life
leaves something beautiful behind.
May beauty live on
in your memories as Rina left us
and bring you peace.

With deepest sympathy

Anonymous said...

Semuga anda cepat sembuh dan sehat...

Duane said...

Hi Rina,

I just found your fantastic site via Kara's Blog. I had an allo SCT for Hodgkin's Lymphoma about 16 months ago.

Wishing you the very best as your prepare for transplantation.

Kara said...

Rina, I miss your enthusiasm and heart. I know your first Christmas in heaven is going to be pain free, and a site to behold. I think of you often.

funbob said...

I was just thinking about you and thought I would leave a note of encouragement.

Carla said...

Erstklassiger Beitrag mal wieder von dir.Hatte echt Tiefgang wie immer.Der Teil zur Ferienwohnung Lana mit Pool war auch einfach geil.Muss ich glaube in unbedingt auch mal hin.Grüße Carla